Shopping makes us happy, doesn’t it? A day out with a good friend, looking at the windows, trying on all the new trends! I can’t wait to go shopping again with my best friend. The one that works at the fashion magazine and knows all the latest trends.
Before exploring those trends though it’s best to set some ground rules that will benefit all shopping endeavours. Any style, any age, any time! Let’s make sure we do our shopping successfully, so the feeling lasts longer! Here are the best, tried and tested, all-time favourite tips for happy shopping!
- Make a list beforehand. Before leaving home make sure you put everything you need on a list. Write it down on paper and take it with you. It will save you. I am amazed how often I am in the store and don’t remember what I came for. Everything looks so beautiful and useful and necessary. Until I go home and find out that this isn’t really what I needed!
- Make sure it’s right! Right for you today! Right for your lifestyle and your body type. If it doesn’t look great on you and doesn’t reflect your personality, don’t buy it.
- Dress appropriately! When you go out on a shopping mission make sure you wear something that is easy to get into and out off. Your task is to try things on, so make this as easy as possible. Avoid shoes with laces and buttoned shirts.
- Don’t be afraid to spend on classic items. A good coat, leather shoes and handbags, any material of good quality is worth the money. Consider it an investment.
- Spread the cost of an expensive garment. How much is too much? Calculate cost per wear and consider how many years you might wear it. This is particularly applicable when considering the purchase of a coat, or a tailored suit.
- Prefer shopping on a weekday, if possible. The stores are far less crowded and the salespeople far less distracted. They will be far more inclined to help you and accommodate your needs.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match! Even royals and loaded celebrities do this today. Besides mixing pieces and styles can be great fun. Proceed with caution!
- Avoid shopping when in distress. Shopping in a hurry never did any of us any flavors. It’s best to wear something old and trusted than run around at the last minute trying to find the perfect outfit. Most likely you’ll end up with something all wrong.
- Neutral and basic colours will always save the day. When in doubt, go for colours like blue, black, white and beige. You can’t go too far off when you stick to the basic palette.
Above all else, enjoy the day, enjoy your life, enjoy the experience. Smile to the mirror and smile to the world. Fashion and shopping aren’t meant to be serious. They are meant to make you happy.